2017? Bring it on
2016 certainly managed to have us all frequently shaking our heads in disbelief. Bowie, Brexit, Trump. There didn’t seem to be much to feel happy about in 2016. But against this weird and wonderful backdrop, our agency had plenty to feel positive about.
Not only did we grow in numbers but we added some fantastic new clients and won a healthy clutch of awards along the way. So in true ‘I’m a Celeb’ winner style here are some of our best bits:
Eleven new faces
2016 saw us strengthen the Born + Raised team in a number of key areas with some fresh faces who are already making a huge difference to our business:
- Tamsin Valentino – Client Services Director
- Ryan Spence – Senior Account Manager
- Harriet Aisthorpe – Account Executive
- Craig Woodley – Account Executive
- Stace Turner – Account Executive
- Chloe Brooks – Head of Digital
- Abbas Arezoo – Senior Digital Designer
- Kirsty Mann – Designer
- Amy Eastwood – Copywriter
- Claire Harper – Company Accountant
- Leanne Mather – Office Administrator
Our winning streak continued
We also punched way above our weight in awards too. Heck, even our offices won their own awards!
- Winner – Best use of Digital Techniques or Technologies, Ideal Bathrooms ‘Race to Dubai’
- Finalist – Best Use of Thought Leadership for Arco, ‘Up at The O2’
- Finalist – Best Limited Budget Campaign, Ideal Bathrooms, ‘Race to Dubai’
Drum Marketing Awards
- Commendation – B2B Strategy or Campaign Of The Year, Ideal Bathrooms ‘Race to Dubai’
- Finalist – Sponsorship Strategy, Arco ‘Up at the O2′ sponsorship
- Winner – Best Customer Service (Under 40 staff)
- Finalist – TV/Video Production (Under 40 staff)
Chip Shop Awards
- Two Vinegars
The Drum Design Census
- Elite Agency
RAR Recommended Agency
- Small/Medium Commercial Interior Project of the Year
Prolific North Inspired Spaces
- The Grain Warehouse was named one of the most inspiring workspaces in the north
We’ve been hard at work
Of course, awards are nice and everything, but it’s the work that matters. We rolled out great projects by the bucketload and went toe-to-toe with some heavyweight opponents both local and national to win some fantastic new clients.
We created a multichannel campaign for Sheffield BID, to help reinvigorate the city’s early evening economy. Helped to brand and launch an innovative new challenger bank called Masthaven. We also helped SITA go above and beyond with an inspiring new brand campaign and created an emotive animation about Modern Day Slavery for our clients at Arco.
We had a ball
Of course, it wasn’t all work. Among other things, we celebrated our 6th birthday in style, taking London by storm, rubbing shoulders with the hipsters of Shoreditch and polishing our ping pong skills.
In December, we snubbed the typical creative agency Christmas card, opting instead to create some festive feel good vibes with our Cardless Christmas Project.
Back in August, Yvette finally made an honest man of Andy when they tied the knot in beautiful Lake Garda.
And finally, a massive and heartfelt thank you to all our wonderful clients, partners and friends old and new for being part of our story.
Here’s to 2017.